The MobiWallet application is the result of a joint effort of 15 European project partners from Italy, Great Britain, Spain and Serbia who created a unique platform for a public transportation system that offered citizens a better quality of transportation.
The aim of the MobiWallet EU Project was to demonstrate mobile payment in public transport that utilizes QR codes, augmented reality (AR), and optical validation.
The pilot integrated two different means of transport, specifically the buses and rental bikes from rental bike locations, as well as a single payment system for both. Multi-modal transportation was enabled in this way.
The mobile app created by us was based on Augmented Reality technology, and utilized GPS location and Environmental monitoring data acquired from the devices mounted on public buses.
- Bus ticket purchase via mobile app supported by different payment channels
- QR-code-based ticket validation (AR)
- Bus arrival times and map with their locations in real time (AR)
- Real-time information on air pollution (AR)
- Info on bike rental points